"Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and forget not His benefits! Who forgives all your sins, who heals all your disease, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103:2-5 NKJ
Every now and then, I like to diverge just a little from my usual adoption and family related posts to simply give praise to my Creator and Father, Jesus Christ. Inevitably, as I praise His name, my praises come full circle and I end up back to adoption and family "stuff" because those are places His goodness has shone extra brightly in my life. I especially love to remember His kindness to me when I am feeling down or stressed. Something about recounting the favor the Lord has shown me lifts my perspective and reminds me that, as undeserving as I am, He treasures me. If you have committed your life to Christ, you can rest assured that you row next to me in the very same boat. Grab those oars, dear friends, and let's praise His name together.
Today I am most grateful for:
1. The free gift of salvation
2. Ongoing forgiveness of my sins
3. Mercy that is new every morning
4. The health and safety of my family and me
5. Knowing my prayers are heard
6. The Holy Spirit interceding for me
7. A pantry full of food, cars full of gasoline - provisions
8. The wisdom of Godly women I can turn to for counsel
9. A husband who loves the Lord, His family and isn't afraid to take risks (this should have been #4 or #5)
10. Being raised in a Christian home
11. The fact that my siblings and their families are Believers
12. All of my children (who have the awareness) have come to Christ
13. My church family and a pastor who leads us in the right direction
14. Trials that have brought me closer to Jesus AND the fact that those trials ended (surely more will follow)
This list could continue forever!
Are you sad or stressed today? Is there worry overshadowing your heart and coloring all you think, see and hear? Please consider taking out a piece of paper and writing your own list of "benefits" that have come through knowing the Lord. If you aren't sure if you really DO know Him, consider taking a trip over to the Desiring God web site set up by Pastor John Piper. He gives clear, succinct explanation of what it means to truly be a Christ Follower. You can find this info at: http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/if-you-want-to-become-a-christian
Life in Christ is not for couch potatoes but the benefits so greatly outweigh the risks!
Bless the Lord, Oh my soul and forget not His benefits . . .