Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Battle

". . . the battle belongs to the Lord . . ."  1 Samuel 17:46


With TWO days to go until the opening of The Bartimaeus Learning Center, spiritual attacks are in full swing.
Let me recap, for your cringing pleasure, the events of the last THREE days:

1. Our one and only vehicle (the 12 seater we are using to pick up the children for Saturday) needs a new alternator.
2. I threw out my back somehow. I am walking like an old lady who leans on a cane.
3. A typhoon is scheduled to plow through our province in the next couple of days.
4. I had the worst bout of unexplained sadness that I've had in YEARS and could not seem to shake it for days.
5. A friendship threatened to go south over a misunderstanding.

I know this post is sounding suspiciously like it was written by Eyeore - negatives abound - but let me tell you why
I am PERFECTLY OKAY with the crummy, annoying and exasperating events of the last few days.

BECAUSE THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD!

As I sat down to prepare our pre-homeschooling devotions for today,  I came across this verse in the account of David and Goliath.
I saw the odds, so clearly stacked against David, paling in comparison to that simple truth:

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD!

I thought for a moment that an alternator, a sore back and a bad attitude are really NOTHING compared to an 8-foot tall giant with a sword barreling toward me and that NO weapon fashioned against us will prosper.   And I asked these words be
written on my heart:

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD!

If He has ordained this ministry to the poor and fatherless, He will advocate for us.  He will bring it to pass and He will
sustain it. 

He asks that I trust and obey.

So onward we go, purposing that we will not stray from the vision He has given us, in spite of some obstacles. Small obstacles in light of His power and greatness.

I thank you all for praying for these last few days before we open our doors.  I am sure there are more "battles" to come.
But I know one thing for sure:

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD!








Vision Forum, Quiverfull and Pretending

 If you were a homeschool mom in the late 90s and  into the 2000s like me, you may have been confronted with your feelings of complete inade...