Monday, August 17, 2009

Grand Total

The shrub sale yesterday was absolutely an amazing success! It was humbling for Anthony and I and yet we would not have wanted to be anywhere else! Don't get me wrong,it was very hot outside. We worked for about 12 hours straight hauling, moving and loading plants. There was no restroom on the site where we held the sale so . . .uh . . anyway, I'm sure you can use your imagination on that one but honestly, it was exactly where I wanted to be. I was serving side by side with friends who love my family and love the Lord. These friends labored in the hot sun for 12 hours just like we did but they weren't "getting" anything in return. They felt a call to help us bring our son home and they heeded it. Anthony and I know that we have done nothing to earn these loyal friends who are such committed brothers and sisters in Christ. God just chose to bring them to us because He loves us. Those who came out to help, sweat and donate were a beautiful example to us of how to love, not just with words, but with deeds. You, my friends, ARE the hands and feet of Christ.
Thank You!
The total amount earned toward our adoption yesterday? Hold on to your hats, folks .
. . . $3,900.00!!

Vision Forum, Quiverfull and Pretending

 If you were a homeschool mom in the late 90s and  into the 2000s like me, you may have been confronted with your feelings of complete inade...