our work

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's All Over But The Flyin'

Well, it's done! Airline tickets are purchased, the hotel is booked and a couple of suitcases are even packed. It's so exhilarating!
After much prayer, we have decided that the "travelers" will be my husband, our only daughter and our 11 year old son (adopted from The Philippines when he was 8). I will not be going. Believe it or not, I have a deep peace about this arrangement that I know only the Lord can give. We have specific reasons why each person traveling was chosen and I won't belabor this entry by spelling them out but suffice it to say, we are at peace with our decision. Would I like to be the first Esquivel to meet our new son? Certainly! But there are others who need this trip more than I. I will be at home making his doctor appointments, preparing meals in advance to freeze so I can focus on Ezequiel rather than the cooking and I will be praying and waiting - two things I have developed proficiency in during this adoption process!
I have to pinch myself when I realize that in a few short weeks, Ezequiel will be walking around in this very kitchen where I sit and type this entry!
I have to say as one who has become a mother through natural birth and through adoption, one is no less a miracle than the other. The hand of God is evident equally in both and my feeling of being favored by God remains consistent.
Thank you, Jesus, for lavishing your love on us by giving us another child!
God is so good.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is falling into place. I so believe (already) what you said about birth/adoption being miracles from God. At many points in this process of adopting Nadia, I have realized that it will only be by God's grace that we actually get to bring her home and be part of our family. Especially in light of possible changes in her country regarding adoptions. Enjoy your "nesting" time before your new baby arrives!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! How exciting! You know, I was thinking, "what would it be like for me to stay home while Chris travels?" And I thought "it actually might not be so bad...no jet lag, and that means I could better help my family." :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news!!!!! :) He is such a cutie! Can't wait to see him home!

    Who travels is a hard choice. I am so glad you have peace about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear he is HOME! WOW! I know it will be hard for you to wait here, but you have his whole life ahead of you :)

    Big hugs
    Tami
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICLKY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    Friend of Kristin's just peeking in. I live in Apex, actually, and have 2 adopted daughters. Will be praying for your family's travel and safety.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Esquivel Family! We can't wait to see more pictures of Zeke especially with your whole family. God Bless.

    ♥ The Tolentino Family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling! I hope to be following the adoption journey.
    Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete