Friday, September 10, 2010

Silence with a Purpose

My blog has been so quiet lately for one good reason. We are awaiting the decision of the Inter Country Adoption Board in The Philippines regarding our request for permission to adopt Francis!!!!!!! This one has been such a roller coaster ride that I hesitate to post much at all until we know something. From having full funding to having no funding - from wanting to adopt to simply advocating for him and back to adopting him again - if this young man finally comes home to us, I will have some crazy stories to tell him.
We should hear within a week whether or not we're allowed to pursue his adoption. The Philippines has a rule that families must wait one year between adoptions. This is a great rule and I completely understand the reason for it. In our case, though, Ezekiel has been home for only 6 months and by the time our year is up, it will be too late for Francis. He will have aged out. If the ICAB says "yes", I am posting my brand new picture of Francis on this blog in hopes that it will remind everyone to pray us through this process. We have a long way to go and a short time to get there so I lean on the promises in God's word that I know to be true. He will never leave me nor forsake me. . . All things work together for the good of those who love God and are calling according to His purposes. . . He does exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or imagine . . .

Vision Forum, Quiverfull and Pretending

 If you were a homeschool mom in the late 90s and  into the 2000s like me, you may have been confronted with your feelings of complete inade...